COSMENERG-4i ‘Global Clusters for Renewable Energy and Environmental Technologies’ carried out a fact-finding mission to UAE on the 14-17 of January 2019. A delegation of 4 cluster representatives from Poland, Serbia and Hungary attended the World Future Energy Summit (WFES) framed under the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week 2019. The WEFS covered several sectors, including energy, water, eco-waste, solar, green buildings and mobility and is a leading B2B event in the Middle East.
The following cluster representatives attended the WEFS:
- Mr. Ramon Vivanco Mugarra, COSMENERG-4i Manager
- Mrs. Ewa Domke, International Relations Director, BEEC Cluster, Poland.
- Mrs. Marzena Patoleta, Research Director, BEEC Cluster, Poland,
- Mrs. Mirjana Kranjac, Cluster Management Assistant, Ecopanonia Cluster, Serbia.
The cluster representatives held discussions and meetings with companies and relevant stakeholders in the event, including amongst others:
- International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Abu Dhabi National Energy Company
- Ministry of Energy and Industry
- World Energy Congress
- International Solar Alliance
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
- Masdar (Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company)
- Youth4Sustainability Initiative
- Clean Energy Business Council